What is Meaningful Travel?
An emerging travel trend that combines spiritual, green, experiential travel and voluntourism, “meaningful travel” is an evolving niche in which the traveler is in a position to help the people of the destination through donating money, adopting a cause, volunteering or getting involved, according to travel writer Michael McCarthy.
A good example is Kathmandu, Nepal, where visitors can take part in a program called Setunepal, which helps women in poverty, who are often in prison, learn a trade.
- Time to Visit Japan Again? Hotel Bargains, Voluntourism Packages
- Book Giveaway & Interview with Bringing Progress to Paradise Author Jeff Rasley
- 10,000 Free Round-Trip Airfares to Japan
- Bespoke Luxury Travel Company To Offer Voluntourism
- Crystal Cruises Offer Voluntourism for Fall Sailings
- Whole Foods Kicks Off Campaign to Fund Micro Loans; Offers Chance To Win Philanthropy Trip
- STA Travel Sees Boom in Voluntourism
- Have You Considered a Volunteer Vacation in Cuba?
Topics You May Be interested
We are simply about traveling with the local in mind.
It is travel that enjoys the local scene, supports the local people and economy, and preserves the local culture and environment.
We want to inspire and captivate you into a life-long desire to travel and to give to a destination and its people. We believe travel creates connections, and transforms the traveler, and the destination!
Become a Contributor
Advertise with Us